Muscle and fat differ in density and I would rather have 1kg of lean, dense muscle tissue inside my body than 1kg of gelatinous, bulky fat (as I’m sure you would too!)
There are many benefits of having MORE lean muscle mass.
- Reducing your risk of injury
- Decreased body fat
- Improve bone density
- Improving your blood glucose control and insulin sensitivity
- Increase strength
- Increase performance output
- Increase power and endurance
- Increase mobility and balance
- Increase metabolic efficiency
- Improves ENERGY and the way you feel
- Create a leaner and tighter physique
So how do you build lean muscle mass?
The key = consistency.
- Increase your resistance training to 2-4 times a week (follow a plan)
- Ensure you are meeting your daily protein intake
- Eat an abundance of vitamins and minerals from nutrient-dense foods
- Minimise long, intense cardio
If you want to learn more, email me for a chat! 🙂